Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Today is....

....my mothers birthday.  Let me tell you, she is simply amazing.  She has had a rough life but she is so very much a blessing to my family and I.  First, she loves deeply.  She taught me how to love unconditionally. You see, I'm adopted.  So is my little brother.  She has one biological child, my sister.  But she raised 5 kids.  My two stepbrothers, my brother, me and my sister and she loved us all equally.  And each of our kids are her grandkids...including MY stepdaughter.  You see, she knows the unconditional love of our Savior.  And she has shown that love to each of us.  Was or is it easy?  No, it's not.  But she loves us all anyway.  Even when it is hard, she loves.


Mom is the reason I love my daughter (I don't refer to her as my step-daughter because although I may not be her mother, she is, in my heart, my daughter) as much and the way I do.  She is the reason I tell my son on a daily basis "I love you". She is the reason I serve our Savior as she was the one who introduced me to Him.


I have a lot to thank my beautiful mother for in my life.  Many years ago she gave me not only a home, a mom, a love but she also gave me a sister.  A little sister who I love deeply and miss so very much.


We may not live close to each other and I am thankful that she is understanding but I hope she knows that I love her so very much.  And so today Mom, I LOVE YOU! Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment