Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Does it REALLY matter?

Does it REALLY matter?

That is a question that I sometimes have to ask myself when I begin to get upset by something.

A lot of times we, as humans get upset about things that really, in the long run, DO NOT MATTER.

For example, does it really matter that I put the clothes away for my husband?  NO.  Does this help him?  Probably!  Should I get upset that he is there sitting on the couch while I'm folding clothes (right next to him)?  I really shouldn't. He works just as, if not harder than I do around the house adn at work.  He's a good man and I love him dearly. Besides, in all acutality it doesn't really matter. It's not hurting me (except maybe my selfishness in wanting to just sit and relax also). 

Or does it really matter that someone has a job that I may not agree with?  No, it doesn't. I really don't need to worry about what THEY are doing. I need to concentrate on ME and what I SHOULD BE DOING!  So what if they really don't do their job to my satisfaction. I'm not their supervisor. I'm not the boss.  They have to answer for their own actions, I don't.  So stop getting all upset about it and worry about yourself.

The Lord wants us to show others HIS kind of love.  Would I be showing my dear husband the love that Jesus wants me to show him if I complained about the laundry or dishes?  Not really.  I need to ask myself "In 5 years, will this really matter?"

So if I am called to love others like Jesus has loved them, then I need to stop complaining, stop gossiping, stop the bickering, the backhandedness, stop the back talking, the griping and just uglyness that exists when I do not love. 
Post a Comment