Friday, May 17, 2013

Be Still and Know

"Be still and know that I am God". Psalm 46:10

Those 8 simple words mean so much to me these days.  There are times when life can get so chaotic that I long for quieter, simpler times.  In those chaotic times I have to remember to be still...be still and know that my God is in control. HE see's all. HE knows all. HE is all. HE is the great I AM. 

HE IS:

Adonai-Jehovah -- The Lord our Sovereign
El-Elyon -- The Lord Most High
El-Olam -- The Everlasting God
El-Shaddai -- The God Who is Sufficient for the Needs of His People
Jehovah-Elohim -- The Eternal Creator
Jehovah-Jireh -- The Lord our Provider
Jehovah-Nissi -- The Lord our Banner
Jehovah-Ropheka -- The Lord our Healer
Jehovah-Shalom -- The Lord our Peace
Jehovah-Tsidkenu -- The Lord our Righteousness
Jehovah-Mekaddishkem -- The Lord our Sanctifier
Jehovah-Sabaoth -- The Lord of Hosts
Jehovah-Shammah -- The Lord is Present
Jehovah-Rohi -- The Lord our Shepherd
Jehovah-Hoseenu -- The Lord our Maker
Jehovah-Eloheenu -- The Lord our God
(http://www.characterbuildingforfamilies.com/names.html)
So when I worry, I don't trust.  When I fret, I don't believe. When I get upset, I don't rest.  He is my Provider, my Healer, my Peace, my Shepherd, my Maker, MY GOD!

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS MY GOD, HE HAS THIS ALL UNDER HIS CONTROL!
Post a Comment