Wednesday, November 7, 2012

UNGLUED/GMG-Colossians Post

Over the last couple of months I've been a part of some really amazing online Bible Studies. From UNGLUED to the Good Morning Girls Colossians study they have both challenged me as a Mom and Christian to do what I need to do to be "Christ-Like".

From UNGLUED, well, the title says it all. How many times in my past have I come unglued when something wasn't going the way I WANTED it to go or the way I FELT it should go.  God is in control and I need to remember this.  Yes, there are good times to be unglued. But those are few and far in between.  I need to keep my composure and keep my eyes on Christ and let HIM take care of things.

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
~ II Corinthians 10:5 NIV84

Now from the GMG Colossians Bible Study I've really seen it ingrained that we need to encourage each other, pray for each other, love each other, respect each other.  As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are to love each other like Christ loved us.  I know that I get snippy sometimes but through this study I have seen that my primary role as a Christian and a Mom is to be an encouragement.  God wants me to be a lamp, not a lamp-shade.  LET HIS LIGHT SHINE!
Post a Comment