Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Too Long Gone

Wow, too long since my last post.  It's been a busy 6 months.  Daughter off to college, husband has a new job, son in Kindergarten with a rough rocky start (due to daughter leaving home)...I was just about to sit down and breathe a sigh of relief when I did something I didn't think I would do for a while....I signed our son up for the swim team.

Let me explain, I am a little over a year post-swim-mom for four years to a high school swimmer.  Lots of meets, lots of year round practices (thankfully the last two years she could drive herself) and lots of parent involvement. It's been a year and I was feeling pretty free.  I'm back exercising, quilting, reading, taking care of the house...and I go do something like sign our son up for swim team...so four nights a week I'm driving him to practice and home again.  Not a big deal. I WILL have help when daddy is home.  At least, I HOPE I have help when daddy isn't traveling for his job.

Now, I know this will put a little strain on my running time, have to still figure out that one and I know the dog isn't going to be happy but we have to get this little guy some activity in the winter or else he will be indoors all the time and that is NEVER good.

So the challenge will come when I start training for my next 1/2 marathon.  But as a mom, don't we always manage to get everything done we HAVE to get done?


Post a Comment