Whew, May sure was a PACKED month for our family.
1. Athletic signing for Janessa, acceptance of an Academic Scholarship to Converse College.
2. Janessa's 2.4 mile open water swim in the Cooper River "Get Under It" swim.
3. Diva 1/2 Marathon for me.
4. T-Ball for LJ
5. Finished my first quilt.
6. Graduation for LJ from K5 at Sangaree Christian School and Daycare and subsequent registering him for Summer Camp and Kindergarten at Westview Primary. Yes, Mommy cried when he left Sangaree...
7 Awards ceremony for Janessa.
8. JANESSA GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!
Yes, that last one is in all caps for a reason. What a day! It seems like every week had more and more items packed in it over the month of May culminating with Janessa's graduation on June 2, 2012 from Stratford High School. After graduation we had a cookout for her and the girl across the street with all the neighbors. What a nice afternoon and evening. Then about 8:30 she left on a trip with her Mom to go on a cruise. It was REALLY strange to have her graduate and then immediately leave for a week. Even her little brother was upset at her leaving. Should be interesting come August when we take her off to Spartanburg, SC for college. I even had a dream about it.
So now what? Time to get back to running. I took two weeks off after finishing the 1/2 Marathon on the 20th of May and now NEED to get back to running. The weather is nice these days so maybe tonight I will get out for a quick 3 miles.
LOVE ON YOUR KIDS WHILE YOU CAN BECAUSE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT THE DOOR TO START THEIR LIFE. TEACH THEM THE WAY TO GO, SHOW THEM WHAT IS RIGHT AND GIVE THEM WINGS.