Friday, May 11, 2012

NEW SHOES AND CHEER

My friend Lori just found out she won a new pair of her dream shoes. Congrats Lori!  She is so excited.

Can't blame her either. I just received two new pair of shoes in the mail this week(one Asics 2160 in blue & white and one 2170...in purple & yellow!!!) that I got for an AWESOME price on a running retail website.  Anyway, I was so excited I figured I would start breaking one pair in.  Now, mind you I know I don't have enough time to break them in before the 1/2 Marathon and that's okay but I would like to have a few good runs in a new pair of shoes.

SO I laced them up and off I went.  Jon went to get LJ so I had a good amount of time to just run. I planned a 5 mile run (and actually planned it correctly...lol) and took off.  About mile 1.78 I crashed...not literally, just ran out of steam. I'm not quite sure what happened there except maybe my lack of a real lunch caught up with me.  So I walked a little bit.  Now, usually my walking is much slower than running but yesterday, they were pretty close in time. 

OH OH OH OH, I forgot to mention. I ordered an Ipod Shuffle because my arm strap for my phone caused a LOT of chaffing and who wants that during a 1/2 Marathon. So I had the shuffle loaded up and clipped it to my shirt.  I don't know but it felt strange to not be carrying anything heavy (phone, water bottle, nothing).  SO off I went.  At about mile 2 I started running again when some pretty awesome music came on my iPod...it was just wonderful.  I ran about 4 of the 5 miles and had a pretty good time.  Of course, having a cheerleader at the beginning of the run helped (there was a young girl in her teens who was walking home from school and clapped for me. I've seen her a couple times and she always stops walking and claps and says way to go...such a sweetheart).

Random thought for today:
MAKE IT A POINT TO STOP AND CHEER SOMEONE ELSE ON.  IT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE NOT ONLY IN THEIR DAY BUT IN YOUR DAY ALSO BECAUSE IT ALWAYS FEELS GOOD TO SPREAD CHEER.
Post a Comment