Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DAY 3 OF RECOVERY

Wow, it's now my third day of recovery.  My quads are a bit sore still.

My wonderful husband made me go for a walk last night.  I told him it was about to storm and he said we had time and I needed to go. He was right in that I DID need to go for a walk. He was WRONG that we had time.  I ended up doing a little bit of running to make it home before the storm hit.  Did I mention it was a THUNDERSTORM hence there was LIGHTENING hence I WAS SCARED TO DEATH?????

SO proud of my friend Cheri who ran a 1/2 mile for the first time last night. I know that feeling of pride when you have accomplished something and know that Cheri is ON TOP OF THE MOON right now about it. WAY TO GO!

So now the next time I think I will do a 1/2 will be next April. I really think I need a GOOD base and to lose about 40lbs to enable myself to run better, longer and faster.  So, I'm thinking the Diva 1/2 again.  Not sure if I will do any longer ones between now and then.  Maybe the Awendaw Dirt Dash (Tonya?).  But I will be doing some 5k's just to keep my nerves down.

So what will I do with my time now?  Well, I'm still going to run hopefully 4x a week or maybe 5. I want to work on my core. I also have taken up quilting and want to get a few more quilts under my belt.  I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago I had a special project quilt that I want to make and I still do want to do that one, I'm just waiting to hear back from the intended recipient's son in order to get some of the things I need.  That is all I'm saying for now.  Rest assured, I will be documenting this process though and when I finish that very special quilt, I will share a picture of the quilt.

Now, I do have a lot on my plate. Janessa is graduating and going to college in three months, LJ is in T-Ball, I'm trying to quilt and plan for the graduation party and all the shopping that will need to happen to send Janessa off to college with the items she needs.  Whew, it's been quite a whirlwind lately.

So my random note is:
Love those around you with all your heart.
Give your best at everything you do.
Rest when you need to rest and work when you need to work.
And most of all, PRAISE GOD every chance you get!


Post a Comment