Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CRASHING

Crashing.

The term used when the emotions and jubilation of an event leads to a low the next day.

Did I crash today?  A little.  After the high from yesterdays Federal Employee Association's Federal Employee of the Year Luncheon (No, I didn't win for the area but I was the nominee from SPAWAR which in and of itself is a HUGE HONOR) and then going to see a sweet little girl who was born on Monday, I went home and crashed. 

The last week (as in 7 days) has been filled with so much emotion and emotion and emotion that it was inevitable that I would crash.  From talking to an old friend (which warmed my heart) to Janessa getting accepted to CONVERSE College, to my Mom coming to visit, an unplanned extra .5 miles for my 9 mile run on Saturday, LJ's first T-Ball game, my husband being his usual sweet self and then the luncheon yesterday one could assume correctly that I am WORN OUT.

So it's Wednesday.  What is a girl to do?  I SHOULD go run but there is supposed to be storms in the area so I think it will be a night of inside exercise (read: situps, push ups, lunges, jumping jacks, mountain climbers and planks) and then a healthy dinner and I will be good to go.

Random thought:
Always know that after an emotional high is bound to be some down time. Use that down time to refresh yourself vice feeling let down.  It's much healthier to rest and refresh than get depressed.  Besides, why be depressed or down..I am a daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Post a Comment