Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SALT

My post today is about SALT.  After I ran the other day, I noticed a lot of salt on my skin.  Hum. I never really thought much about it before but for some reason it stuck in my mind and made me think of God.  Which, honestly, something making me think of God can't be a bad thing.  But it got me thinking.  What is SALT?

Salt.  That seasoning we are supposed to limit in our daily intake. (oh yeah, sodium, bad bad bad) BUT it makes food have more flavor if used in correctly.

Salt.  That stuff that is all over your body after a great workout. (um feels really weird)

Salt. What we are supposed to be in this world. WOW!  That thing that we are constantly trying to limit or to get off our bodies is what we are compared to in God's word.  Salt.  In the 5th chapter of Matthew verse 13 the Bible says:

You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt has lost its savor, how shall it be salted? it is thereafter good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.  Matthew 5:13

Have you ever tasted salt that has lost its savor?  It's useless.  It has no effect on the food it is put on.  So are we when we become useless in this world.  So if WE have lost our savor we have no effect on those around us.  We are to be like salt. Adding flavor to the world around us. Enhancing the flavor of our daily lives.

So go out today and be salt in the world.  Show God's love, make a difference. Spice up the world with goodness and mercy and show the world that being a Christian is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.
Post a Comment