Thursday, August 14, 2008

Amen Shelly!

To be young again. Wow, how I feel that somedays.

This morning was Freshman orientation for DD. Of course, she comes down dressed for Summer, not school. It was too late to make her change so her shorts and tank top had to do (she got an earful for that one). I just hope she gets cold in the school...serves her right. She KNOWS what is appropriate and what isn't and right now she's pressing the boundaries.

BUT, DD is doing wonderful in swimming. The coach suggested we get her into a year round program. Said it would do her a LOT of good cause she's got a LOT of natural talent.

LJ's swim lesson last night went well. He's starting to swim a bit and is doing well holding his breath under water.

CC, well, he's doing good too. We both went to bed early last night (shut the tv off at 9:30)...of course, I still didn't get to sleep until 10:30.

So what is my thought for today? Well, Sunday our pastor was doing an illustration of handling problems (or trying times) in our lives. But he didn't use the favorite saying that I grew up on.

When life hands you lemons, make lemonaid!

So that is my thought for today.
Post a Comment