Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh, How I love Jesus....

Oh, how I love Jesus.
Oh, how I love Jesus.
Oh, how I love Jesus.
Because he first loved me.

That song is running thru my head right now and I am not in a hurry to get it out of there (as compared to other songs that get stuck in there).

I was thinking last night as LJ was tossing and turning in the middle of the night and wanted "DAH-DAH" (that's me...not "mommy", not "mama", but "Dah-Dah") just how blessed I am. I've always loved the Martina McBride song about being blessed. The Lord has really blessed me in my life. It's not always been easy but He never promised it would be. But it has been full of blessings. Some of the ways the Lord has blessed me are:

1. First and foremost, for loving me enough to die for me on a hill called Calvary. I can't wait to cast crowns at His feet.

2. For a loving mom who raised me right and now is able to live close to me even though I'm the one who left home 15 years ago to serve my country in the Navy. Never did I think I would live close to my family again. I thought they would always live in Kentucky.

3. For a husband who loves me in all the ways that a husband should love his wife.

4. For a beautiful step-daughter who makes me laugh with her ways of showing us she loves us (by play-fighting and "bugging" us to pieces). She's a scream.

5. For my little LJ. He's mommy's boy through and through right now but is definitely ALL boy. He loves to be in the garage or outside with his Daddy but he also loves to snuggle with Mommy. No mom could ever ask for a sweeter little boy.

6. The list could and should go on and on but I need to get some work done. Maybe each day I will list something I am thankful for...or something or someone who has been a blessing in my life....

Thank you Lord for saving my soul.
Thank you Lord for making me whole.
Thank you Lord for giving to me,
Thy great salvation so great, and free.
Amen.
Post a Comment