Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I am so tired of the news

I loved watching our local news channel. I remember growing up and my parents watching the news every night. I also remember hating the news back then. Suprisingly, DD now ASKS to watch the news. Now we do that at home every night. Mostly for the weather and sports updates and to see what is happening in our area for the following week and such. I get enough of the 'world' at work to satisfy my news junky personality.

But lately, and maybe it's because the election coverage started SOOOOOO very early, I am so tired of the news. I am so tired of the candidates. (mostly the dems because that's about all that is being covered right now...you don't see much on Sen. McCain). I am so tired of hearing about change, and who's being racist and who is telling false stories, and who did an oops and "mispoke". I just want something to be on the news that has NOTHING to do with politics. I will be so glad when the election is over. What about good news stories? What about stories that show that human kindness still DOES exhist? Anyway, I digress....

That said, every night, CC (thats NASCAR talk for our DH and means CREW CHIEF) and I always want to catch the weather. Being that our family is an outdoors-ey type, we want to know what the weather is going to be over the next few days so we are dressed appropriately in the mornings. Well, for some reason, we MISS the weather. EVERY TIME IT COMES ON, WE MISS IT! I am so thankful for TIVO. However, it IS sad when you keep rewinding the show again and again to catch the weather, with the sole purpose of catching the weather and yet MISS IT AGAIN! Needless to say, our house is a very loud house. (more on that another day) and we usually have to make EVERYONE hush in order to catch the weather (which is next to impossible with LJ chasing Molly with his Tonka Truck). Even with "Local on the 8's" on the weather channel, we end up having to rewind it. It's sad when you can not sit still for 10 minutes to catch the "Local on the 8's". LOL

So my random thought is, I miss the news and wish for the old Anne Murry song to come true, I just want a "Little Good News Today". And please, don't make me rewind the show to catch the weather....please. LOL
Post a Comment