Friday, April 11, 2008

FRIDAY!!!

It's Friday, 11 April 2008, do you know where your kids are?

Oh how I remember those commercials about knowing where your kids are.

Mine are respectively in school and daycare right now.

Like I said yesterday, I would try to post a way I am blessed. Here goes.

1. LJ slept thru the night last night. I asked him last night if he would and he did. Now, I'm not so naive to think he did it for me...but it's a good thought. On the flip side, my sweet Molly woke me up at 5:30. I thought she needed to go outside....NOPE....she just wanted me to come downstairs to sleep. Goofy dog.

2. DD loves me...she told me so last night. Of course, she cracks me up. She was aggrivating me again (not in a bad way, just to pick) and I was trying to watch a program....then she said "But I love you". That was just too funny.

Today is the funeral for a wonderful man. Mr. Ralph Schmaltz worked with me here. He was a HUGE NASCAR fan. We would talk about it a lot at work. He died in his sleep unexpectedly earlier this week. He was perhaps one of the nicest, sweetest men I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He touched everyone he worked with. Last Christmas he sent out an email to people telling them how much they meant to him. It was one of those "before it is too late" emails. He is already missed here at work. Ralph wasn't a sickly man. He was a strapping manly man. Nothing unhealthy about his appearance but I certainly don't know if he had underlying conditions. Regardless, the world is just a bit less bright place without him here. My sympathies go out to his family. I will miss him and his smiling face.

Not-so-Random-thought: Be compassionate. Be kind. Tell those you love that you love them often just so they know....before it is too late.
Post a Comment